Winter – the cold season, is usually filled with activities ranging from holidays to family get-togethers, and being sick will certainly make any cheerful moment a dull one.
Fortunately, there is one thing to make you feel better and soothe even the most disturbing of winter colds.
When you feel that cold is coming, “lemon ginger tea” is the homemade remedy you need.
How to Make Lemon Ginger Tea for Cold
This soothing tea will help you to kick that cold, cure your stomach ache, as well as cure your winter sniffles. With simply a jar of lemon slices, ginger, and honey, this concoction can work magic.
– Half cup of sliced fresh ginger root
– Three clean and thinly sliced organic lemons
– Five cinnamon sticks, broken into smaller parts
– Half cup of fresh lemon juice
– Half cup of raw honey
– Ten sprigs of fresh thyme
You should get a glass-canning jar as well as tightly woven cloth ready for processing the tea.
Now, here are the steps you need to follow in order to make lemon ginger tea.
1. Get your 16-ounce glass-canning jar and place the following ingredients in it: organic lemon slices, fresh ginger root, pieces of cinnamon stick, and thyme.
2. Pour honey into the glass-canning jar containing these ingredients, allowing it to slowly sip down the base of the jar.
3. Add lemon juice, cover the jar with the tightly woven cloth and refrigerate it for a period of three days before consuming. Keep it refrigerated all through.
Add a little quantity of the lemon ginger tea into your tea cup or mug, followed by some slices of fresh lemon and ginger root. Add about 8 ounces of hot water to it, and your tea is ready to be served.
Additional Health Benefits of Lemon Ginger Tea
Lemon ginger tea offers many health benefits such as the ability to improve the immune system, control blood sugar, promote digestion and soothe pains, reduce fever, and contribute to the protection of the skin.
For many years now, lemon and ginger have been an integral part of traditional medicine. But when used interdependently, they have the ability to influence almost every part of the body positively and in a healthy manner. Then, when they are combined in a beverage or tea, they become even more powerful for health.
Although it is called a tea, lemon ginger tea is comprised of both ginger and lemon – containing energy-boosting properties, antioxidant power, immune-boosting effect, and metabolism stimulating strength.
However, some people may have side effects while consuming this tea, such as heartburn and stomach upset. It’s always best to talk to your doctor before embarking on any new health regiment such as drinking lemon ginger tea.